WLOY has launched another initiative to help children in Baltimore City Public Schools. We all know that resources are limited in some of the most at-risk schools in the City, and we know that needs to change. WLOY and the Baltimore Community Radio Coalition have teamed up with Eutaw-Marshburn Elementary and Wolfe Street Academy to launch Radio Edu and bring amazing new opportunities to youth in these schools.
As part of the program, WLOY and the BCRC have provided and installed a small room of cubicals to create a studio within a classroom. A Macintosh computer, Adobe Audition, Avid MBox2, Audio-Technica AT2020 microphones, Broadcast Devices Headphone Amp, and more complete the studio package.
The Radio Edu program is run by WLOY alumnus Jon Prozzi ’08, who has a background in audio production, recording and is an outstanding multi-instramentalist. Jon has also been a tutor and educator with a focus on cognitive learning.
- Happy New Year from RadioEdu!
- RadioEdu Second Semester Week 3: Part 1
- RadioEdu Second Semester Week 3: Part 2
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Meet and Greet (Week 5)
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Week 2
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Week 4
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Week 6
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Week 7
- RadioEdu Second Semester: Week 7 Production Notes
- RadioEdu Week 01 & 02: Introduction
- RadioEdu Week 03
- RadioEdu Week 04
- RadioEdu Week 05
- RadioEdu Week 06
- RadioEdu Week 07
- RadioEdu Week 08
- RadioEdu Week 09
- RadioEdu Week 10 & 11
- RadioEdu Week 12: Part One
- RadioEdu Week 12: Part Two
- WLOY Gets Some Great Press